Philippe Martin de Lespinaz (1692-1754) fleeing the wars of religion in Switzerland and creates the House Lépine in 1714.
He first settled between Saône and Rhône, near the Pont du Change, as a remover.
His son Gaspard becomes master cutler ». This activity lasted until 1860, when the company began to develop a surgical instrument business.
First catalog of surgical instruments of Maison Lépine. It contains dissection and autopsy instruments, professional kits and specialized instrument series of organs (eyes, ears, mouth, etc.) as well as medical devices (vacuum cleaners, drainers, sprayers and other fumigators)
Maison Lépine accompanies the birth and evolution of medical art in Lyon developing and marketing customized instrumentation and techniques at the request of surgeons (Jaboulay's button, Ollier's bone resection box, Smillie's knife, Nicollet's forceps, Trillat's hook, etc.)
Traditional manufacturing is mechanized and industrialized taking advantage of the progress of steel mills, pipe and screw manufacturers and polishers. Maison Lépine becomes official supplier of the Rockefeller Medical School in Lyon and makes itself indispensable to the equipment of every medical office in the region.
Patrick Pfaifer acquires the 14th generation Maison Lépine which will become a lépine group in 1991.
The company designs and puts on the market in 1994, as part of the CE marking, its first hip femoral stem....
Acquisition of a first plasma torch allowing the development of the bilayer coating consisting of porous titanium and hydroxyapatite. It covers today all the implants without cement of the group.
Acquisition of the Sanortho plant in Orthez where more than 25,000 stems are forged per year.
Creation of the first commercial subsidiary in Spain: Iberian lépine.
She was joined the same year by the Morocco, Algeria, thenItaly in 2012, Germany in 2016 and finally Colombia in 2018.
Moving to the Genay site where are grouped on 20 000 m2 of production and clean rooms, as well as all the activities of conception, manufacture, conditioning and clinical follow-up of the implants of the group.
The site of Orthez enriches its know-how by integrating the development, the conception and the manufacture of the femoral heads.
The logistics of the company is enriched by a series of smart cabinets which allows it to significantly increase the volume of packages shipped each day.
Acquisition of a precision foundry in Germany in order to internalize the realization of all foundry crudes of implants with complex geometry: acetabulum and components of knee prostheses.